Valentines Week: Inspired By: Be My Valentine

Tuesday, February 8, 2011




I have a distinct memory, sitting at the table in my preschool on Valentines Day. We were making "glitter heart" cards. The teachers and helpers walked around the tables pouring glue in perfect heart shapes and then we sprinkled glitter on them. Silver, Pink and Red. We weren't aloud to touch the glue, only sprinkle glitter. I remember pouting and thinking, "when I get older, I'm going to pour the glue," and that very thought sealed my fate. I have never stopped loving crafts and now it's my turn to use hot glue guns, sequins and sewing machines.

So Valentines Day, for the most part, reminds me of my four year old self... dreaming of crafting. Just the site of those terrible-tasting chalkie heart candies and little valentine cards brings the fondest of memories...

Here are some really cute grown-up Valentines from Rifle Paper Co a really cute online paper shop!




... and I love this little Valentine wall.... if I were a teacher.... or had 10 children.



Images: thimble hearts, Rifle heart, be mine, Martha Stewart