Paint

Friday, November 18, 2011

painting author unknown

I saw this painting and LOVED the texture and creases, cuts and dimension of color and it reminded me of long ago... when I used to be a painter. In my college apartment, I stayed up through the nights painting miniature squares on the same canvas. Then, I began classes in the design school. Some of my favorite moments were waking up on Mondays and Wednesdays and entering the art halls, sitting in my studio desk and getting to work on my projects. Sitting along side of girls with cute haircuts (always daring and short with flips and color chunks) and painting aprons, we all got to work, feverishly creating... letting each stroke of paint take shape, spread, drip and transform. Then it was color theory, design 101... crafting buildings out of paper and glue, self portraits, study light and dark... value, shade, pencil drawings, charcoal, sketches...

I probably miss these days the most. The days it was me and my creations and the onlookers of other students burning with color. I didn't necessarily love painting alone, I just loved creating... anything and everything...

So, I just might, rummage through my brushes- packed away in my art closet somewhere and eventually start to paint.