Project Monday: Gardening.

Monday, April 25, 2011











It's that time again!

My first year of having a garden I went WAY overboard and planted everything from lemon trees, blueberries, strawberries, corn, 50 kinds of specially ordered heirloom tomatoes etc.... but between the deer, little animals in the yard, the climate and my lack of understanding on soil components, we pretty much had a small bushel of blueberries, 6 tomatoes, 8 strawberries (eaten immediately from critters) and I think that's about it from ALL we planted.

Then last year I was sweltering and about to give birth during garden season- so I kind of let the garden go...

This year I am more realistic! I planted one tomato, herbs all over the place (in the right shade-sun ratio this time), a red pepper, onions, flowers, a cucumber, cantaloupe... and a few other items. I'm pretty excited about my herbs... who doesn't love fresh herbs in everything! 

Do any of you know some good tips to keep the animals away? That's my main issue....

And btw, I hand-painted those pots and rimmed them with chalkboard paint so I could write the plant names! I love them. I am a wee bit obsessed with chalkboard paint...