Spark: Resolution

Friday, December 31, 2010



re-solution

c: the act of determining

re-solved re-solving
transitive verb

: to reach a firm decision about
: to declare or decide by a formal resolution and vote



One of my favorite times of the year is January. What I love about this month is that it's a fresh start. For me, it is the opportunity to be something new. I know you can do this any time you want, but the administrator inside of me likes boundaries, calendars and schedules- so January is a chance to ponder last year and make the next year better. I'm not putting pressure on myself with resolutions, but I am going to Resolve to do some things differently.

Here are my personal resolutions for 2011.
Some are cliche and general, but in no particular order


1. Get better at being married. If you've been married you know it's no easy piece of cake. But with marriages dissolving around me left and right I am determined to work harder this year at learning to love and be loved.

2. Build my Spirit.

3. Be more kind. I know this seems trite, but recently I was in Walmart and this sweet, large Lady was just adorable and cheerful, and I thought in my head, "she sure is cute" and then I thought, "what good is this thought to her unless I tell her?" So I broke out of my inner-monologue and told her I thought she was adorable, and you know what, I thought she might cry! She threw her head back, laughed, smiled and grinned ear to ear with glassy eyes... and I thought if I would have kept that thought to myself I robbed both of us of a little encouragement and connection. So this year I am going to get out of my head and into life.

4. Expand my business... will have more on this

5. More Creative Projects

6. Finish opening a fantastic online store.

7. Take another Design-Photoshop Course

8. Pray

9. Sing

10. Work out regularly... ZUMBA

11. Believe the Truth Proactively

12. Be more adventurous

13. Write some books

14. Make more decisions

15. Read more

16. DO more stuff. I have a "treasure box" as my husband calls it, of coupons, gift cards, and ideas that expire, never accomplish or regret... so this year I'm going to DO.


I could go on and on honestly. I'm a list-maker, but I don't want to start a self-therapy session on here! :) But you should go make a list, it's so fun!

And as inspiration here are a few goals I met from 2010.

1. I pumped 100% for 6 months (and still milking) sorry if that's TMI
2. I took a hip-hop class that I used to daydream about dancing in, as I passed the window of the studio down-town!
3. I can fit into all my old clothes again. (except after Christmas I'm going to have to do a little work)
4. I had a baby and survived!


Happy New Year!
Cheers to what you resolve!

Now here's a pretty Cocktail...


  • 2 tablespoons dry cranberries
  • 1/2 cup organic pear nectar
  • 32 ounces Moscato d'Asti wine
  • 8 small sprigs fresh rosemary


  • Read more at Marthastewart.com: Sparkling Pear and Cranberry Cocktail Recipe - Martha Stewart Recipes