Ariana Clare

Wednesday, August 28, 2013


Hello Friends, 
I have exciting news today. Meet Ariana Clare; photographer, stylist, and fashion-finder. Ariana is joining me on TCLP and in real life to assist, create and collaborate. Ari is fresh from the West Coast moving to the South after living, shooting and fashion-styling in Laguna Beach, CA. She recently interned in Nashville with Bri Emery of Design Love Fest and just received her BFA in studio art with a concentration in photography. I couldn't be more excited about my new teammate. 

Here's a little more about her...

Tell me a little about your journey through photography & fashion? How did you begin pursuing each?
I grew up in Middleburg, Virginia with my mom running a photography business out of our house- a window-light studio upstairs and a darkroom in the basement. Art was always around me. But I first discovered photography for myself through an old Nikon 35mm film camera while taking a class in high school. I started dressing up my two younger sisters as models- even though we had no clue what we were doing! Soon after that I began spending my summers working for an upscale clothing boutique on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. It was there that I really started to get into fashion and styling. Everything just kind of clicked and I knew I wanted to make a career out of combining fashion and photography. 

Why is art important to you?
Art really does give me a way to express myself and to put all of the ideas I have in my head out into the world. I love being inspired, creating things, and of course spending hours in the dark room or on Photoshop (weird, I know). I feel like art gives my life purpose; it fulfills something inside of me.  

What's your dream?
Just last year my dream was to be a fashion photographer in LA or NYC. Now it's to be creative, content, free, and to always have faith; as long as I am these things my dreams will be fulfilled. 

Who are your influences?
For fashion photography, my influence is Richard Avedon. He's just so classic and his aesthetic is one no one else will ever be able to replicate. As for a more contemporary photographer, I'd have to say Bonnie Tsang because her images are effortless but so thoughtful at the same time. 

I'm a Bonnie fan too...

When it comes to style, my influences change daily... Right now they are Natalie Suarez (fashion blogger), Jaime King (actress), and Caggie Dunlop (English socialite). For me I love style that is effortless but sophisticated- I don't want to be the girl that looks like it took her 5 hours to get ready. I love jackets, layers, messy hair, and lots of black. 

I already love her. You'll be seeing more of this girl soon!