LBG Studio

Monday, August 8, 2011



Hello everyone. Today I have a crafty blogger/blog to introduce to you... LBG Studio... which stands for Little Big Girl Studio. Vanessa was kind of enough to share her work here this week! Her blog is so great because it's a lot of sewing tips & tutorials to make the cutest stuff! She shows you how to make the items, gives you the blueprint that she creates herself and then she sells her cutest items in an Etsy shop! I love it. To learn how to make these dresses out of PILLOW CASES- awesome go here:


Vanessa has a cool story about how she got started in her crafting adventures... here's her short sweet little story.

 I left behind a brief and not so exciting job as a radiological technologist when my daughter Sydney was born. The original plan was for me to go back to work after a short maternity leave but she had other plans. Born almost two months early at 3 lbs and 10 oz, there was no way I could leave the little squirt with someone else all day. She wasn't ready and neither was I. I told my husband I would scrimp and save and get creative if he'd agree to my staying home. Fast forward two and half years and here I am! Other than dabbling in sewing back in high school, I didn't really get started until last February. My daughter had just turned one and for my birthday, I wanted a sewing machine. It's been non stop since I got my hands on that machine. Shortly after making my first few dresses, I started selling things I'd made to friends and acquaintances. In August of last year, after lots of deliberation, I opened my Etsy shop, LBG studio. I LOVE sewing and tackling new projects and techniques so there's always something new popping up in the shop. I've "met" some amazing people both through my shop and the craft blogging community. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for both!


and here's her stunning little girl...

Check out her Etsy.

Tomorrow I'll show you a little something she's working on that is SO cute.... and she's got a download for how to make your own.



Vanessa Hewell said...

Thank you for sharing :)

Gingercake said...

we love vanessa! great to see her featured :)